From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Marty.Thorin
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:44 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Can Remedy run case insenitive?

**

Good afternoon.
     We will be moving from Remedy 6 on Sybase to Remedy 7 on Oracle.
(Database politics -- let us not go there.)

We are forever being bit by the case insensitivity of Active Directory.  People
try to login in upper case.  Active directory allows them to do so.  But
everything in Remedy is case sensitive so they do not get a home page -- they
get a blank screen.

As all of our account data comes from case-insensitive sources, I was wondering
if we could tell the new Oracle database to be case-insensitive.  I would like
to hear what the group thinks and what the experience has been.

Have a nice day,
Thorin Marty
We Energies
Milwaukee, WI
__Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail . If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.