From: Thad K Esser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Help parsing a string in a set fields
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Date: Friday, September 12, 2008, 12:40 PM

**

Glad to help.

Working from the inside:

        TRUNC($Character
Field$) - This takes the character field and returns an integer without
using a separate integer field, effectively chopping off the leading zeros.

        (LENGTH(TRUNC($Character
Field$)) / 5) - Dividing the length of that integer by 5 will return 0
if the length is less than 5, or 1 if it is exactly 5.  This is used
to factor in the case when there are no leading zeroes.

        The
length of the integer (without the leading zeroes) subtracted from 6 returns
the position of the first non-zero digit.  Add the factor above in.

        Take
the left part of the original string, up to the position above.  Any
needed zeroes are in the original string.

        And
then Pad the right of that to a length of 5.

Have a great weekend!

Thad Esser

Remedy Developer

"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours."--
Richard Bach

Chintan Shah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "Action Request System
discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
09/12/2008 12:15 PM

Please respond to

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

cc

Subject
Re: Help parsing a string in a set fields

**

Hi Thad,

Thanks a lot!!!!

This was what I was trying to figure out from workflow perspective(only
1 active link and no new fields)...however...lol..it will take me a good
amount of time to understand this.

Thanks again..

Regards,

Chintan.

--- On Fri, 9/12/08, Thad K Esser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>