Roger,

The Oracle pricing scheme is complicated.  You can have licenses "per
named user" or "per processor" (and possibly others).  You would
probably want the "per processor" but it depends upon the type of box
you have.  If you have multi-core processors, there is a formula for
calculating the number of licenses you would need to buy to be
compliant.  Example:  we currently run AR System on a Sun T2000, a
single processor, 8-core, 4-threads per core box.  Solaris "initializes"
32 processors.  The Oracle formula works out to be 2 processors for this
box.

The "per named user" is a little complex also.  They consider any node
that accesses Oracle as a "named user."  It seems (if I remember
correctly) that if you have more than 500 users, the "per processor"
would be the most cost effective.  You may need to speak with your
Oracle sales rep to get clarification.

Hope this is helpful,

Kelvin