Have you entered all the right authentication information when it prompts you
for the Admin user ID (username, password, arserver name and port??)

Joe

----- Original Message ----
From: "Schon, Stuart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 3:13:33 AM
Subject: ITSM7 Install Woes

**
Hi

I have been trying to install 1 or any of the itsm 7.0.3 base apps (I have
tried them all with the same result).

I get to the point where it asks for a valid AR System Administrator and then
nothing – I get the message
Enter a valid AR System Administrator ID?  [Demo]
Enter the password for the AR System Administrator?
    Verifying admin user ...
[ERROR] Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System server
    Please make sure that the server is running and try again.

This is a brand new install. I have installed all of the base products and I
can log onto AR Server via admin and user tools using the Demo id so ….?
Make sure the following software is installed and licensed (where needed)
before you proceed with the installation.

- BMC Remedy AR System Server 7.0.01 Patch 004 or later
- BMC AR System Assignment Engine 7.0.01 or later
- BMC Atrium CMDB 2.0.01 or later

The install is on a Solaris 5.10 v490 box accessing a remote 10.2.1 Oracle DB.

Currently installed is AR Server 7.1 p2; Approval, Assignment, FB and Email
engines; and CMDB 2.1 plus extensions.

Any ideas would help.
Regards
Stuart Schon