do you have any view fields on any of the forms they might have open?  If
you do, are they set to refresh automatically, or is the page you are
viewing set to refresh automatically?

  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of VanSickle, James W
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 9:14 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: User crashes on mshtml.dll

**

Fellow ARSListers

            I have been working with BMC Support about this issue, and have
been able to get very far.  Has anyone seen this error message before and
found either a potential cause or fix for it.  The users who are getting the
below message are running Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2.  I
have tried the Remedy User clients 7.0.1 Patch 4, 7.0.1 Patch 9, and 7.1
Patch 4.  In each case, the problem returns.  During each installation, I
delete all remaining files and registry settings of the previous Remedy
client.

            The client appears to be crashing mostly when the user has the
Remedy client minimized and is working in other programs.  Those other
programs vary from Microsoft Word, MS Excel, and Internet Explorer.  When he
is using IE, the user is only going to news sites of major online papers (no
fancy blogs, online applications, or sites with questionable security).  The
only consistency in this situation is the below error message we keep
finding in the Event Viewer.  The crash appears to happen at completely
random intervals too, and I cannot find any action they are consistently
taking to cause the crash.

Faulting application aruser.exe, version 7.1.0.4, faulting module
mshtml.dll, version 6.0.2900.3395, fault address 0x00120911.

                Any information would be greatly appreciated.  The hardware
and software requirements of the workstation fall within the compatibility
matrix's recommendations.  The Remedy server itself is using ARS 7.0.1 Patch
4 with ITSM 7.0.2 Patch 4.

James Van Sickle

Remedy Developer

Office: 972-409-4902

Mobile: 214-399-1254

  _____

This email and its attachments, if any, are intended for the personal use of
the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential, privileged, or
proprietary information. If you are not a named recipient, or an agent
responsible for delivering it to a named recipient, you have received this
email in error. In that event, please (a) immediately notify me by reply
email, (b) do not review, copy, save, forward, or print this email or any of
its attachments, and (c) immediately delete and/or destroy this email and
its attachments and all electronic and physical copies thereof. Thank you.

  _____

html___