From: Axton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Regarding Unicode database
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Date: Wednesday, 17 September, 2008, 7:16 PM

You have to set up the UNIX environment properly.  The install script
will check for these values and either present or not present the
option of installing as a Unicode capable arserver.  I use the
following values:

LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
NLS_LANG=American_america.AL32UTF8
NLS_DATE_FORMAT=Mon DD YYYY HH24:MI:SS

Axton Grams

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 9:05 AM, anil RAI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> **
> Hi Axton,
>
> Thanks for your response.
> I have followed the same steps. The steps are 1. Export the ARSystem
> 7.1 non unicode database. 2.I have installed the new database instance
> with unicode support. 3. Import the non unicode database on newly
> created instance of the  database.4.Run the ARS 7.1 and connecting the
> newly unicode database with upgrade option.
>
> But the problem is that when we are running the ARS 7.1 with upgrade
> option it is nowhere asking to select explicitly unicode.
>
> Thanks & regards
> Anil

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>> **
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> If ORACLE database is non Unicode and ARS is connected with non
>>> Unicode database.
>>>
>>> We have to upgrade the ARS as unicode then who is responsible for
>>> upgrading database to unicode supported.
>>> I mean BMC provides any document or white paper about how the
DATABASE
>>> is upgraded to unicode.
>>>

>>> Thanks & Regards
>>> Anil
>>> ________________________________
>>> Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Click
here
>>> __Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com
>  ARSlist: "Where the Answers
> Are"
>>> html___

> Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers
Are"

> Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now __Platinum Sponsor:
> www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___

      Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger at
http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/