Thanks

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:21:06 -0500From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: Mid Tier
7.0.1 Patch 8 and TomCatTo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Where do you see this error thrown with 5.5.26? Does it appear in a specific
portion of the ITSM 7 application, or are you even using ITSM??

I was told in July (below) when troubleshooting some Flashboards errors that
kept showing up in the mid-tier logs that there were compatibility problems
with 5.5.26:

“…you are currently using Tomcat 5.5.26 and we have recently started seeing
problems with this version of Tomcat and Mid Tier. Is it possible for you to
downgrade to 5.5.25 (which we bundle with our 7.1.0 patch 3 and later
installers for Mid Tier)

Note from other issue:
There?s a known problem with Tomcat 5.5.26, they?ve changed the way they handle
buffering large packets, over 8192 bytes, in patch 26 which ends up causing a
9350 error in Mid-Tier.  This is why we include Tomcat 5.5.25 as of 7.1 patch
003 Mid-Tier and not 5.5.26.  But, you?ll need to get a good Fiddler capture to
verify if this is the case. You can take a look at the failed packet, the one
returning the 9350 error, look on the Statistics tab in Fiddler and check the
bytes sent.  If it?s anywhere near 8192 bytes or more then the only solution is
to downgrade Tomcat to 5.5.25.

While you may not be experiencing the 9350/9351 errors it's possible that the
packet response exceeds the limit placed in 5.5.26.”

In the end, the Flashboard errors were deemed to be “normal behavior” for
mid-tier!?  Of course, I am on 5.5.26 under 7.1.00.002 because the same BMC
Support group told me to use it in March to resolve a problem with the patch
002 installer, and I am still in production on 5.5.26.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.Call Tracking Administration ManagerUniversity of
North Texas Computing & IT Centerhttp://itsm.unt.edu/

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Steven IoccoSent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:58 PMTo: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]: Re: Mid Tier 7.0.1 Patch 8 and TomCat

**

Thanks Joe.  For some reason, 5.5.17 (which is bundled) works, 5.5.27 works but
5.5.26 does not work, and throws the error mentioned below-9350.  I am not sure
exactly what workflow was causing the issue with 5.5.26 but believe its related
to table looping.  Upgrading to 5.5.27 solved the issue.Steve __Platinum
Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___