Lisa,

Would that be "2 out of 2" accounts or "2 out of 100"? It can be
difficult to understand such an apparently arbitrary value without
some context.

Maybe the topic/question should be more along the lines of...

Can anyone identify any good reasons for the fields to be optional at
all phases?
Can anyone identify any good reasons for the fields to NOT be optional
at all phases?

I often find that the concept of categorization is often used as a
crutch for several other things:
  ) relationships to services or other business centric thinking
  ) poor man's trouble shooting techniques
  ) "clues left behind" for reporting later
  ) problem identification (We had how many of those yesterday?)
 (and other such IM or PM tasks)

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)