what I don't get yet is in ARKWGetStringByIdx(21).
what is 21 standing for?
AFA I understood 7 is for the server and 6 is for the schema.
But what is 21 and all in all where are these numbers defined?
Do we have a list of these somewhere?
Serouche

Carey Matthew Black wrote:
Serouche,

You realize that you are off the compatibility matrix in the software
that you are trying to support. So the changes your need to make will
also be unsupported and likely will need considerable effort to
implement and maintain from Mid-Tier version to version.(including
patches) However, it sounds like you are quite determined to implement
this so ... here is what I would do if I were in your shoes...

1) Tell your management that it is not supported and is not changeable.
2) repeat step 1
3) When management still will not take reality for an answer.... then
open an enhancement request with BMC. Then tell management that there
is no way that BMC will enhance v6.3 Mid-tier to implement this
feature.

4) When management still will not take reality for an answer.... then
you have to decide to do it on your own.
(Here comes the technical part....)

Ok... if I had to reinvent this wheel......
   It looks like Remedy is using a servlet to get to the proper
"resource" files. I based this conclusion on the web.xml file having
this URL mapping:
"  <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>ResourceServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/resources/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
"
 and the HTML source linking to the CSS this way: "<link
rel="stylesheet"
href="../../../../resources/stylesheets/ARSystem.css"></link>".

So... I think changing that should be out of the question. However the
way CSS works is a "last in wins" model. So if you were to add a way
to conditionally include another CSS file _after_ the normal ARS CSS
stuff then you should be able to get programmatic control, identify
the browser and then decide if you need to include another CSS file or
not.

In short...I think you could do something like this...

*) Implement "Web footer Content" for all forms/views the users will
be using to run your own javascript to decide if you need to
dynamically include another CSS file. NOTE: This may only work on
views that are "web views" too. So you may need to create a new set of
views for all of the forms too.)

There may be other solutions too... but I am trying to work in the
system as much as possible to try to keep this as forward compatible
as possible too.

So you would need to do something like....:
  ) make a change to every form and view that matters in your application
  ) develop and maintain "browser detection code" that works on all
browsers that you support
  ) develop and maintain "CSS code", that works with the version/patch
level of the Mid-Tier your using for the other browsers that you are
going to support
  ) Every time you need to make a change to the Mid-Tier you will have
to re-evaluate this solution and it's validity too.

Which is no small task.

By the way: I strongly suspect that the reason no one else has
commented on this thread is that this is very far off the beaten path
and is really not advisable. However, with AR System ... most things
are possible. :)

Hope that helps, but I doubt it does.