________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe DeSouza
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 6:19 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Slightly OT: Tomcat configuration for heap size configuration

I have a little confusion about what the setting should be. I am on
Redhat version 4 and Tomcat 5.5.25

Currently I have the following line to set JAVA_OPT in my startup.sh
file.
JAVA_OPT="-DXmn1536m -DXmx2560m"; export JAVA_OPT
For min and max memory.

But on looking online for typical JAVA_OPT settings, I've noticed that
Tomcat no longer uses the mn for minimum and this might be replaced with
ms for initial memory instead of minimum memory. So should my settings
be changed to
JAVA_OPT="-DXms1536m -DXmx2560m"; export JAVA_OPT

What have you got on your startup.sh file or what have you got JAVA_OPT
set as in the environment?

Joe