________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of strauss
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 2:15 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: How would you define this Service Target

**

Interesting challenge (and I need a break from AIE-related workflow).

Can you set up a service target using an associated business time entity
and related segment for each hour of the work day?

Request Arrival       Must be Done by        Goal

9-10 AM                     4 PM                                 6 hrs

10-11 AM                   4 PM                                 5 hrs

11-12 AM/PM          4 PM                                 4 hrs

12-1 PM                      4 PM                                3 hrs

1-2 PM                        4 PM                                2 hrs

2-3 PM                        4 PM                                1 hr

3-4 PM                        4 PM                                .25
hrs

4-5 PM                        4 PM next day             7 hrs

Show them this, and they might feel like revisiting their policy!

You still have to figure out where to put the milestones in each one of
these, and any notifications will have to match the times.  My helpdesk
manager did something like this to nag his staff about tickets at
multiple times as time elapses, at intervals inside the standard SLA we
have for all customer incidents, but he did not need staggered goal
times.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/