I was able to resolve this issue - here is what I did:

1. Rename the folder
                C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0
                C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0_OLD

2. Reinstall the Remedy user client.  This forces the install to reinstall
the crystal link.

3. Checked under Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> ODBC Sources -- if there
are two Remedy ODBC Drivers I removed the older one and left the one which
was installed as part of the reinstallation of the remedy user tool.