Carey,

You may be reacting to the rules of the closed beta which don't apply to
the open beta now underway.  To sign up for the Open Beta, the
requirements quoted from the communication are:

    * Have an active BMC Support ID.
    * Complete the pre-release software agreement.
    * Fax (408)716 2771 or email your signed beta agreement to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    * Complete a qualification survey.

The qualification survey is primarily to ensure that you have an
environment supported by the beta so that you, as a customer, don't
become frustrated by participating in a beta program that would not
function in your environment.  To the best of my knowledge, no one has
been "turned away" from the open beta as long as the above tasks were
completed.  The pre-release software agreement is a standard NDA that is
required for legal reasons.

For the closed beta, there was a requirement to be nominated by a BMC
sales person.  This was to limit the number of participants to a
manageable level during that initial period.  You don't have to go
through your BMC sales person for the open beta.

Has anyone had specific issues getting into the open beta - i.e. have
you applied and been turned away?

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Solution Strategy and Development
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed
in this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.
My voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a
role as a spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for
BMC Software, Inc.