In this situation you would need the escalation to modify EVERY record, and
have a series of filters fire on modify that performed the remove on only
those records that matched

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kemes, Lisa
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:46 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Adding days to a Date field in a qualification doesn't work

Mark,

I'm having the same problems with Date fields for some time now (these are
Date only fields, not Date/Time fields).  I think it DOES have something to
do with the quotation marks.

When I do this:

'mydate' < "6/21/2008"  it works,

But when I do:

'mydate' <  ($DATE$ - (((60 * 60) * 24) * 120))

It doesn't work.

I've tried 'mydate' <  ("$DATE$" - (((60 * 60) * 24) * 120)) as well.
I've tried 'mydate' <  ($TIMESTAMP$ - (((60 * 60) * 24) * 120)) as well.

I like LJ's suggestion, but the question is, where does the ztmp_datefield
field go if you are doing a escalation?  On every single record?  (I would
like to delete all records that are more than 120 days
old)

<note to self: NEVER use date fields.  ALWAYS use Date/Time fields and make
the display type "Date" if you want a "date" field>

If 'mydate' was a date/time field (whether it be displayed as date or
date/time) this query would work just fine....

Lisa