My 2 cents to update an existing ticket from incoming emails.

1.      Create a Staging Form that will have all the Incoming Emails.

 This staging form will have fields - Subject, Message, Incident ID,
Task ID, and Service Request ID etc….

2.      Create Filter(s) that fires on submit with a Run If qualification(s)
of "INC0%" or "REQ0%" or "WO0%" or "TAS0%" or "CRQ%" parse the
respective number (using functions STRSTR, LTRIM, SUBSTR) and set it into
the corresponding field.

3.      Then, push it to the corresponding work log.

This assumes that

·         The Subject Line of the email will contain Incident/Request/Work
Order/Task ID.

·         It is an ITSM 7 environment.

Thanks

Mahesh