You are correct it provides metrics to determine how accurately the Incidents
are being classified and provide additional training to the Service Desk and
support staff.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathy Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:20 am
Subject: Resolution Categorizations

** Hi,

One of the managers wants to make Resolution Categorizations the same as the OS
categorizations.? My understanding is that they are not the same and should
not?be the same.? The Resolution Categorization is to build a self-help known
issues database.? I thought the Resolution Categorization is to more clearly
define the incident after more information is known.

What are the pros/cons of naming the values the same in OS Categorizations and
Resolutions Categorizations?

McCain or Obama? Stay up to date on the latest from the campaign trail with AOL
News. __Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"
html___
__Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___