Hi folks,
I've decided that I've had enough of BMC's ITSM 7 Data
Management tool and I am looking for alternatives out
there.

If you have used or you sell any tool for initial
reply.

If possible, please provide feature list and any
differences/advantages compared to ITSM 7, as well as
your own impressions of the tool.

At the very least, I would expect the tool to work as
advertised / as documented. I would expect something
to happen when I click a button (hint: "validate"
should validate, "promote" should promote. Ok, at
least most of the time, if not always). That would be
one sleek advantage.

Anything extra (data update, more sensible group
membership loading etc) would be nice.

If you have custom code to do such loading, that would
be a cool thing to know of as well.

If the server platform matters, it's solaris. I
believe BMC's DM tool and this platform don't play
together well...perhaps because of issues with CAI in
solaris. Never liked this guy CAI, not the least
because I don't fully understand its details.
Unnecessary complexity. Must have looked good on
paper, but that's not where I live.

Regards.

-Rabi