I had replied to both Fred and Joe, but I never saw my messages go through.
My aplogies if this ends up being a duplicate. (FWIW it seems to work when I
send email to the listserv, but not when I try to post from the list's web
interface)

I ran an arsql.log and searched against one of the view forms.  I found that
"ARGetEntry" is searching thusly:

... WHERE C1 = N'1025'

instead of:

WHERE C1 = 10257

According to our DBA, the 'N' serves as a sort of wild-card to allow for
various data types.

We are still leaning toward doing a reinstall of the current ARS version,
using the upgrade option, in hopes that the problem is with "ARGetEntry" and
that a re-install will replace it (and anything else that's broken).

Grooms, Frederick W wrote:
> Before trying to do a reload of ARS I would either do a stop/start of the
AR System
> or run the arsignal command to recache the definitions

I had tried both of these, to no avail.

Joe DeSouza wrote:
> Usually ? is displayed in the client for characters that are from a
foreign character set
> (non-english) if your client is not unicode compliant but your database
is..

I had wondered about the character set changing, e.g. so that the 4-byte
integer in the key field is now read as a 4-byte character field, hence the
truncating of "10257" to "1025" etc.  However this occurs across all of the
User and Admin clients, the same ones we've had installed all along.  Also
we have always checked the "unicode" box during install.  Currently, in
'Server Information' the 'Server Language' says "ENU;WESTERN". This is the
same as our outher servers (which work) and, as far as I knowm, the same as
it's always been.

Thank you!

-Bill Bookers