Phil,

I think your looking in the wrong class...

com.bmc.arsys.api.ARServerUser.getField(String form, int fieldId)

In this case I think you want the getField to throw an
com.bmc.arsys.api.ARException
 ( if object is not loaded) then you add the field you want in the
catch block. :)

HTH.

--
Carey Matthew Black