From: Terry Bootsma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: libumem - performance increase on Solaris with ITSM 7.X
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 3:08 PM

Hello arslist:

We have been utilizing ARS 7.1 Patch 004 with ITSM 7.0.2 (latest patch for
Incident, Change, Config, and Problem) on a multi-CPU, high end Solaris box
running DB2.  We have had SIGNIFICANT performance issues under high load
running this configuration as a result of our load testing exercise.

However, after meeting with Remedy engineers yesterday, they suggested that
we replace the standard Solaris memory manager with a preloaded
"libumem"
memory manager.  This has produced astonishing results and has resolved our
issue of performance under high load with the fact that libumem uses a
different memory allocation model that is more condusive to multi-cpu,
multi-threaded applications.

My question to the list is this.  Have any of you replaced your memory
manager in production with "libumem" and , if so, were there any side
affects of doing so?

Thanks for any feedback.... Terry