From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 1:47 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: PERFORM-ACTION-OPEN-URL not firing on midtier

**
Hi all,

I need help on this one. I don't understand why it is not working...
I have a workflow that works fine on the native tool (User tool) but not
at all on the midtier.  The runprocess action is supported by the
midtier.
This is what I did (and it works fine with the native client):

On a display only form,

1 - Set attachment field A with a document from form Test
2 - Run Process: PERFORM-ACTION-OPEN-URL new $A$

It fires perfectly well using the User tool, but not on the midtier.

I put a message between action 1 and 2 to show the value of $A$ which
comes out

On remedy client:    C:\DOCUME~1\boyerpa\LOCALS~1\Temp\Master Index.pdf

On midtier: C;\Documents and Settings\boyerpa\My Documents\ARS7.01
Doc\Master Index.pdf

As you can notice, on the native client, it is retrieving the document
and setting it in the temp file locally.  On the midtier, it seems to be
trying to access the original path of where the document was when
attached on form Test.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help!

Pascale Boyer
503-745-2159

ARS 7.01 patch 3
OS: Windows
DB: SQL 2005
Midtier 7.01
Apache\tomcat  5.5
Browser: IE 6
If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that
you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for
your cooperation.
html___