From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 2:57 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Selection Field: Value vs. Alias Value?

Alan,

I think your confusing yourself a bit.... but maybe not...

Selection fields are just an integer value as far as work flow (Active
Links, Filters, and Escalations) are concerned. However, to the user
the field shows the Alias String (for the integer) when the user looks
at the field and when you echo the fields value in a Message action.

So .. maybe you could explain more about what you are trying to do and
maybe some suggestion could be made for how to do that?

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Alan Blake <abl...@knowlysis.com> wrote:
> **
>
> I am trying to create a selection field that has a value different than
the
> alias value.  Basically, I want a Label and a Value.  I need to use the
> value in an active link, but when I reference the selection value with
> $template_type$ it returns the Label and not the value.
>

> Is this even an option on a selection field?
>

> Thanks.
>
> Alan
>

> Alan Blake
> Knowlysis | Services Manager | Office: 801.224.0002 ext 105

___
UNSUBSCRIBE or access ARSlist Archives at www.arslist.org