Casual Fridays

Memo 1: Effective immediately, the company is adopting Fridays as Casual Day
so that employees may express their diversity.

Memo 2: Spandex and leather micro-miniskirts are not appropriate attire for
Casual Day. Neither are string ties, rodeo belt buckles or moccasins.

Memo 3: Casual Day refers to dress only, not attitude. When planning
Friday's wardrobe, remember image is a key to our success.

Memo 4: A seminar on how to dress for Casual Day will be held at 4 p.m.
Friday in the cafeteria. Fashion show to follow. Attendance is mandatory.

Memo 5: As an outgrowth of Friday's seminar, the Committee On Committee's
has appointed a 14-member Casual Day Task Force to prepare guidelines for
proper dress.

Memo 6: The Casual Day Task Force has completed a 30-page manual. A copy of
"Relaxing Dress Without Relaxing Company Standards" has been mailed to each
employee. Please review the chapter "You Are What You Wear" and consult the
"Home Casual" versus "Business Casual" checklist before leaving for work
each Friday. If you have doubts about the appropriateness of an item of
clothing, contact your CDTF representative before 7 a.m. on Friday.

Memo 7: Because of lack of participation, Casual Day has been discontinued,
effective immediately.

  _____

Human Resources Helpful Hints

Take the prospective employees you are trying to place and put them in a
room with only a table and two chairs. Leave them alone for two hours,
without any instruction. At the end of that time, go back and see what they
are doing.

If they have taken the table apart, put them in Engineering.

If they are counting the butts in the ashtray, assign them to Finance.

If they are waving their arms and talking out loud, send them to Consulting.

If they are talking to the chairs, Personnel is a good spot for them. If
they are wearing green sunglasses and need a haircut, Computer Information
Systems is their niche.

If the room has a sweaty odor, perhaps they're destined for the Help Desk.

If they mention what a good price we got for the table and chairs, put them
into Purchasing.

If they mention that hardwood furniture DOES NOT come from rainforests,
Public Relations would suit them well.

If they are sleeping, they are Management material.

If they are writing up the experience, send them to the Technical Documents
team.

If they don't even look up when you enter the room, assign them to Security.

If they try to tell you it's not as bad as it looks, send them to Marketing.

  _____

Exercise Pointers

The only reason I would take up exercising is so that I could hear heavy
breathing again...

It is well documented that for every minute that you exercise, you add one
minute to your life.

This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 months in a
nursing home at 50,000 per month.

I joined a health club last year, spent about 40,000 bucks. Haven't lost a
pound. Apparently you have to show up.

I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm
doing.

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.

If you are going to try cross-country running, start with a small country.

Regards.Gidd