it's my understanding that they will spawn as needed as well...so I must
assume that your server doesn't feel the need for them...:)

  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Frank Caruso
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:09 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Server Ports and Queues

** ARS 7.1p3
Solaris 9
Sybase 15
Server Grouping two hosts

In the past I thought you could increase the maximum number of Fast and List
threads and those new threads would spawn "almost" immediately. When the
server needed a new thread they would create one. I understand a restart
would be necessary to decrease the maximum.

On my current hosts the threads appear to be maxed out. A quick look at SQL
logging by thread and all have been created and all are working hard. So I
increased the maximum number of each from 6 to 8 but I have not seen the new
threads start up. Nothing in the arthread log and no new TIDs in the SQL
logs.

Does 7.1 require a restart in order for the settings to take effect or does
the server just no think they are needed?

Thank you

Frank

__Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___