All,

ARS 6.3 Patch 24 -
SQL Server 2000

I have set up 3 license floating license pool groups in the Group form.  The
license pool groups are as follows:

900 - Client:A:Pool - Designated 10 Floating licenses - 20 Users assigned a
floating license.
905 - Client:B:Pool - Designated 5 Floating licenses - 10 Users assigned a
floating license.
910 - Client:C:Pool   - Designated 2 Floating licenses - 4 Users assigned a
floating license.

We have 17 Total Floating licenses in the system.  Each user is added to one
license pool that has a floating license.

I would think that only 10 Users could login from Client A and the remaining
floating licenses would be set aside for the remaining clients. Should the 11th
Client A receive a Error saying "No Floating License exist"?  It seems like
Client A is getting all of the licenses even when I set up the pools.

I can go into the Admin tool and see that some of the license pools are
assigned and then some of them do not display a license pool.  The users that
do not show a license pool are indeed in a floating license pool.

Does my logic sound correct or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Bala Patel
Remedy Administrator