Interesting....I wonder if the api tool's 'null' is not actually null...but
the text string 'null'

  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Bala Patel
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:59 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: API setting field to null vs NULL

**
All,

ARS 6.3
SQL Server 2000

We have an API that was created by another vendor. I noticed that the NULL
values that are being set into fields are in lower case. The User Tool
creates the NULL values in uppercase.  Does it matter if a value of NULL is
upper or lower case.  I am looking at the column values via Query Analyzer.

External API sets field to: null
User Tool ticket creation sets field to a value of : NULL

Thanks,

Bala Patel
Remedy Administrator

__Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___