For all of you using Oracle as the database and planning to upgrade to 7.5

Before upgrading your ARS server to 7.5, make sure you upgrade the Oracle
client to 10gR2 (10.2)
The 7.5 AR server uses the OCILobArrayWrite function, that is new in 10.2. This
function is not available in 10.1 or less.

7.5 AR server service will not even start with an oracle client that is less
than 10.2 (and therefore that includes this OCILobArrayWrite function).

Now BMC needs to update the 7.5 compatibility matrix to clearly reflect that.
It is nowhere stated that this is the minimum version. In page 4, it is stated
that 32-bit Oracle 10gR2 database client works well, but nowhere in the
document it is stated that 10.2 is the minimum version for the client. The
reader assumes that a 32 bit oracle 10g client is just fine.

I believe instead of stating what works well, or in addition to it, it should
clearly state what does NOT work (namely the oracle client that is less than
10.2).

For the curious, this is what's new in the 10.2 OCI. We know that 7.5 is using
the new function OCILobArrayWrite, so that's good. Maybe somehow we'll know
other new 10.2 OCI features in use.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14250/whatsnew.htm#sthref12

-Guillaume Rheault