From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Remedy Maniac
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 2:22 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: finding a good spam killer for remedy

dear all,

I have been asked to find some way of reducing the number of spams
ending in one of our schemas.
Obviously and unfortunately, the existing tools are not capable of
blocking all the spams.
The email lifecycle is quiet a bit cumbersome but I have to live with
it.
Emails are sent to IMAP server. On my remeyd box, fetchmail pools them
and give them to procmailrc.
This later does first checks, formats then the emails to fit a certain
criterias and give them to the email engine.
Upon arrival in the Email Box, my Remedy workflow fires and creates the
necessary tickets for Helpdesk or other in-house schema that I wrote.
So my idea is to plug something like spamassassin to the procmail.
Does anybody have any experience of infos regarding this spam killer?
Or any other further hints/tips would be very welcomed.
Serouche

_______