ARS 7.0.01 P09
Windows 2003 Server with an MSSQL database
Applications all custom

For one (very brief) moment in time, we had the ARDBC LDAP Configuration set
so that it actually allowed me to create a Vendor Form and select fields
from the LDAP server.  That Vendor Form functions very well and I'm able to
use it with Active Links and Filters and Escalations.  There's more
information that we want/need out of the LDAP server and I'm being told I
used too restrictive of an "objectclass" when I created the first vendor
form.

Whenever I try to create a new vendor form, the system "clocks" for a long
time (approximately 3 minutes) and then responds: "The AR System Plug-In
server is not responding.  Cannot connect to the system at this time.
Contact your AR System Administrator for assistance. : RPC: Timed out (ARERR
8939)."

I seem to recall that we did something with the BASE DN to limit the search
so that it only returned a single entry and that's when I was able to create
the first Vendor Form.  Does this even sound reasonable or logical?

The BASE DN that we're using now is: ou=people,dc=domain,dc=edu

George