From: Guillaume Rheault <guilla...@dcshq.com>
Subject: Heads-up: ITSM 7.5 needs 6 GB of memory ?
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Date: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 1:49 PM

**
For all of you who used to have ITSM in your laptops for demo purposes (albeit
with a lot of pain):

In the ITSM 7.5 install guide, it states that it requires 6 GBs of memory.
The ITSM installer also refers to that requirement, but apparently is not
enforcing it, since I am running it right now on a 4GB development server. So
it did not complain, which is very good .
However, I just hope the installer does not crap out on me complaining there is
not enough memory!!

My concern is that it seems less and less feasible to load the ITSM suite in a
laptop to demo it. Maybe ITSM 7.5.1 will enforce that 6 GB limit in which case
my 4 GB dual processor laptop, which is fairly high end by the way, will not be
able to run it, or even install it. How about that. So unless you have a "real
server" out there that you can remote connect to, you would not be able to demo
the app at all.

I wonder if BMC has even thought and wondered about all this for their own
sales force, and the partners' sales force....
I mean sometimes you are not allowed external network access at a customer site
until you have been granted access to. Even then, you always run into the
possibility of network issues or something that prevents you to demo the app.
Being able to demo the app from the laptop has always been a very good fail
safe alternative....one that looks less and less feasible.

Guillaume
__Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___