From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Marek B.
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 5:47 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: What's wrong with this configuration

Hi,

Our environment consists of 2 ARServers with loadbalancer and 2 MidTiers with a
separate loadbalancer.
AR Server Setting for MT1 are: one entry for ARS1 and one for ARS_LoadBalancer,
MT2 the same respectively.
The settings for Preference Server, Data VisualizationModule Server, HomePage
Server, Authentication Server are set to ARS1

The problem is if we go to the home page via MT_Loadbalancer all the
application links are doubled.
One link is for ARS1 and the second for ARS_LoadBalancer.
If I remove the ARS_LoadBalancer entry from MT1 the page displays fine, but
instead of this we got problem with displaying flashboards when
entering via loadbalancer.

Static mappings of IP addresses for host names are as follows:
host file for ARS1:
IP_of_MT1                 MT1
IP_of_ARS1                ARS_LoadBalancer

host file for MT1:
IP_of_ARS1                ARS_LoadBalancer

Please help me figure out what the correct configuration should be to get rid
of the annoying  behaviour.

regards,
Marek