He needs to read the javadocs on how to format this field type, what he is
likely doing is just a toString() which will give him exactly that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of William Rentfrow
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 3:19 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Java API Date issue

I'm not a java guy....but a person I am working is.

He is trying to extract data from a 6.3 Remedy server using the 7.1x java
api.  This is supposed to be backwards compatible.  He is just connecting
and reading a standard form.

Everything works fine except Create Date - for that he gets results like
this when doing a GLEWF:

This is what I get back from Remedy whenever I search a date using the Java
API:

 null[Number Of Days=2453469,GREGORGIAN_ CHANGEOVER=2299161]

Anyone seen this before?

William Rentfrow
Principal Consultant, StrataCom Inc.
wrentf...@stratacominc.com
715-410-8156 C

RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"