From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of James Lauber
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 4:47 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: OT: SQL2008

We had a similar, but not identical, issue with inserting to tables via
linked server. We added this to the ardb.cfg file, restarted the service
and it resolved the issue. Don't know if it will help for your problem
but
it's worth a shot.

DB-Options:SQL Server
{
name:XACT_ABORT
value:ON
}

Andy Lauber
Software Engineer II
Midland Loan Services
913-253-9097 Phone
913-253-9001 Fax
james.lau...@midlandls.com

             "Nall, Roger"

             <roger.n...@t-mob

             ILE.COM>
             Sent by: "Action          arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

             Request System
cc
             discussion

             list(ARSList)"
Subject
             <arsl...@arslist.         OT: SQL2008

             03/02/2009 03:26

             PM

             Please respond to

             arsl...@arslist.o

                    RG

**
All,

ARS 7.1 p4
WINXP
SQL2000

We are migrating all of our databases except ARSYSTEM to SQL2008. There
are
external processes which we have view forms to other database table.  I
then use these view forms to update and delete records. That table will
be
moving to SQL2008

In order to keep this functionality we created a linked sever between
the
Arsystem 2000 db server and the 2008 db server. We then created views on
the 2000 server that looks at tables on the 2008 server. I then created
view forms to these views. I am trying to update data in these views
which
will then be pushed to the actual tables in the 2008 database. The
problem
we are running in to is this:

/UPDATE T533 SET C720001106='XXXCKelley3' WHERE C1 = '8928'
<SQL > <TID: 0000001968> <RPC ID: 0000084036> <Queue: Fast      >
<Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: rnall
> /* Mon Mar 02 2009 13:58:16.9760 */* WARNING * Unable to start a
nested
transaction for OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB'.  A nested transaction was
required because the XACT_ABORT option was set to OFF. (SQL Server
7395)OLE
DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB'
ITransactionLocal::StartTransaction retur
<SQL > <TID: 0000001968> <RPC ID: 0000084036> <Queue: Fast      >
<Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: rnall
> /* Mon Mar 02 2009 13:58:16.9760 */ROLLBACK TRANSACTION
<SQL > <TID: 0000001968> <RPC ID: 0000084036> <Queue: Fast      >
<Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: rnall
> /* Mon Mar 02 2009 13:58:17.0540 */*** ERROR ***  The ROLLBACK
TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION. (SQL Server
3903)
<SQL > <TID: 0000001968> <RPC ID: 0000084036> <Queue: Fast      >
<Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: rnall
> /* Mon Mar 02 2009 13:58:17.0540 */OK

We are trying figure out how to turn the XACT_ABORT option to ON as
Remedy
is trying to make its update/delete. I am wondering if anyone can give
us
some suggestions on how to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Roger A. Nall
Manager, OSSNMS Remedy
T-Mobile, USA
Desk:972-464-3712 NEW
Cell: 973-652-6723
FAX:
sf49fanv AIM IM
RogerNall Yahoo IM

__Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"
html___

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not
addressed to you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you
received it in error, please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy
without permission of the sender. This message may contain an
advertisement of a product or service and thus may constitute a
commercial electronic mail message under US Law. PNC's postal address is
249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. If you do not wish to receive
any additional advertising or promotional messages from PNC at this
e-mail address, click here to Unsubscribe.
message, you will be unsubscribed from all advertising or promotional
messages from PNC. Removing your e-mail address from this mailing list
will not affect your subscription to alerts, e-newsletters or account
servicing e-mails.

_______