Well, what you could do is just append a string to the GUID, using a Set
Fields command.

Remedy probably does not support longer prefixes because the idea is that a
GUID is... well, unique. Now if your prefix would be four characters and the
string would still be 30 characters in total, there would be a lot less
possible GUIDs which may of course couse trouble...

Frankly I would not see the point in using prefixes for GUIDs. They are too
ugly, long and difficult to ever show to end users, and they are unique,
even when you won't use prefixes, just because of the nature of a GUID.

Regards,
--
Michiel Beijen
Software Consultant