From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Grooms, Frederick W
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 10:53 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Memory issue on sybase ARS 6.0.1

The question is what are you trying to update on the tickets?

We have several different automated updates that we run.

One is to update an MTTR timer field each hour.  We do that with SQL
directly.
Another updates a field that kicks off workflow.  We do that with a tiny
cron'ed ARSPerl program.

Also are you doing all the work in the escalation or is the escalation
just changing a single field and Filters do the rest?

Fred