Yes, we ran into this issue and debated it with BMC but it is working 'as
designed'.  The only thing we could do with it is route the Work Order to the
Service Desk and have them update the back office entry accordingly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of SCOTT PHILBEN
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 8:02 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: SRM and Reopening Inicdents

All:

I have SRM 2.2 patch 002 and I have an existing Request which created an
Incident. When the Support Person Resolves the Incident, a Survey request is
created for the User. When the User fills in the Survey and selects the "Reopen
the Service Request" option shouldn't the system reopen the Service Request as
well as the related Incident?

Right now it does not appear to. And reading the Admin guide for SRM I see this:

If a service request is reopened, SRM does not reopen the original back-office
requests that were part of the request fulfillment process. Instead, SRM
creates a
new work order.

What? I am not even using Work Orders! I want the Incident to be reopened! Does
this sound right? Has anyone else tried this?

Please let me know...

-scott philben