I have a record with a Start Date field of: 4/12/2009 12:00:00 AM and an End
Date field of: 4/30/2009 12:00:00 AM.

If someone were to create another record with a Start Date of: 4/1/2009
12:00:00 AM and an End Date field of 4/15/2009 12:00:00 AM, I want it to error
because this would "overwrite" (not really) the other record.

This is for my On Call system.  Therefore, if these 2 records are allowed to
exist, you would have more than one person on call (as a primary) for the same
dates (4/12, 4/13, 4/14 and 4/15).

Hope this makes sense!

I actually have these records on a table and I would like to walk through the
table to make sure the records with the Start Date field: 4/1 and End Date
field: 4/15 does not get created.

AR System 7.0
Oracle 10g
Windows 2003 Server