From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Andreas Munch
Sent: 07 April 2009 09:59
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: SUBSTRC using 3rd parameter

**

Hey everyone

ARS 6.03.00

MSSQL 2005

Problem:

Actually this proberbly is a novice question, but…

I'm trying to remove the "."'s from the ARS Version information, pushing it
to a Form containing users client version. This version information comes as
a string eg. "6.03.00" or "7.1.00". For comparison of client versions I need
to remove the "."'s from then string ending up with only digits which I then
can assign to an integer field.

I'm using then command (for the first part) SUBSTRC($Version$, 0,
STRSTRC($Version$, ".")-1) but are getting an error message as: "Unexpected
character (ARERR 2291) zIntVersionMajor  [Assign line error at position
29]". If I'm trying to only provide the two first parameters I'm not getting
the error message, but the third one is the error trigger. Trying to do
other stuff it seems like I'm not allowed to use the 3rd parameter.

What can be then mistake I'm doing while using the SUBSTRC function with all
3 parameters causing then error message?

A. Munch

__Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___

18:59:00