**

After we installed 7.0.1 patch 10 of arserver and emaild on 7.0.0, chinese and portugese emails using email templates get corrupted.

We have a unicode installation on HP UX, our db is set to unicode.

To make the patch work we had to change the LANG from C to en_US.utf8 for the patch installation. We are still using the same HTML email templates in "AR System Email Templates". When we now receive a message in portugese or chinese the characters in the mail are corrupted.

Do we need to make configuration changes to the aremail?

What is are the correct settings for unicode for the ar email deamon?

Is the this setting correct in "EmailDaemon.properties" for unicode:

com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.hpx163.Language=en_US

Now:

LANG=en_US.utf8
NLS_LANG=American_America.AL32UTF8

$ locale
LANG=en_US.utf8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.utf8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.utf8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.utf8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.utf8"
LC_TIME="en_US.utf8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.utf8"
LC_ALL=en_US.utf8

Before:

LANG=C
NLS_LANG=American_America.AL32UTF8

$ locale
LANG=C

LC_CTYPE=C
LC_COLLATE=C

LC_MONETARY=C
LC_NUMERIC=C

LC_TIME=C
LC_MESSAGES=C
LC_ALL=C

__Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___