I'm so glad IBM didn't get SUN.  Oh, for the lack of a dime!

Jennifer Meyer

________________________________
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Redick, Kevin
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 1:43 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Oracle buys Sun

    I don't expect sweeping changes, but I do fear slowly mySQL will disappear
into outdatedness.

    It will give lots of people time migrate over to postgreSLQ solution etc.
Although I do expect Oracle won't mind being able to keep a cheap good solution
around for a while to get a foot in the door and attempt to up sell after they
are on the inside. Should be interesting, also worried about Java... oracle
doesn't always play nice and that could leave everyone with no cross platform
solution.

--Kevin