A couple of approaches:

1.  Create a join form that shows these Tasks, then run the escalation
against that.  All the head-bending work is in creating the join.

2.  Do it with two escalations.  The first goes through the tasks (based on
Create Date so you don't scan the whole mess) and clears the RootRequestID
if the Change does not exist; and the second runs through the tasks with
cleared RootRequestID to delete them.

I like the two escalation approach better.

Regards,
Chuck Baldi