When I installed ARS 7.1 patch 6 on my server grouped (linux) arsystem servers
(upgrading from ARS 7.0 patch 5), I started seeing arrecond failures on my
secondary server. armonitor tries to start it 4 times, then gives up.  It
actually seems to start, then dies immediately.  arcmdbd is starting up fine.

My arerror log says:
Thu Apr 23 17:41:55 2009  Reconciliation : AR System Application server
terminated when a signal/exception was received by the server (ARAPPNOTE 4500)
Thu Apr 23 17:41:55 2009     11

If I start it from the command line myself, I see:
AR System Reconciliation Engine  Version 2.0.1 patch 005
Copyright (c) 2004 - 2006 BMC Software, Inc.
All rights reserved.
But the process dies immediately.

arrecond.log is empty.  Any ideas were I might be able to find logs to indicate
what is wrong?  Has anyone else seen similar behavior?  These executables
(obviously) are not replaced or updated by the ARS upgrade, so I don't know
what's going on.

On the other server in the server group, it seems to be fine.

Anne Ramey