That's handy.

Jennifer Meyer

________________________________
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Easter, David
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:04 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy Floating License Timeout

Note that in AR System 7.5.00, you can reduce the timeout on web-client
sessions where the browser has been closed (or the user has left the AR System
application completely) down to the seconds level - the default being 60
seconds.  This is to address the issue where someone closes their browser with
the 'x' instead of logging out.  From the "What's New" documentation:

"You can set a delay timer that releases an AR System user license associated
with a user if that user navigates away from the mid tier or does not log out
of the BMC Remedy Mid Tier properly by closing the last browser window
associated with the current HTTP session.
The mid tier initiates a delay timer when the user closes the last browser
window associated with the established HTTP session. When the delay timer
expires, the user's license is released, and the HTTP session terminated.
If the user navigates back to the mid-tier URL before the delay time expires,
the delay timer is cancelled, and the current HTTP session is resumed.

To set the timer, edit the License Release Timeout field in the BMC Remedy Mid
Tier Configuration Tool. See the "General settings" section of the BMC Remedy
Mid Tier Guide."

It will not reduce the system-wide floating license timeout for idle users, but
addresses the most common situation that has prompted customers to request a
reduced floating license token timeout.

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Solution Strategy and Development
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.