Out of the box, the ITSM applications allow you to set individual
auto-assignment to either None, Round Robin, Capacity, or Workload, per
application.  We'd like to see how difficult it would be to set
auto-assignment to one of those options per support group, instead of per
application.

For example, Support Group A would like to have tickets that are assigned to
their group not integrated with the Assignment Engine, so that the
individual members of the group can monitor their own queues and cherry-pick
tickets as they see one they have time to work on or would like to work on.

Support Group B, however, might like to have tickets that are assigned to
their group, auto-assigned to individuals using the Round Robin approach.

Support Group C, might like to use the Capacity-based method.

I have a suspicion that this is possible by creating some modified or custom
Assignement Engine processes, and by adding the Round Robin, Capacity,
Workload, or No Assignment Engine Integration options to the Support Group
form, so it can be configured by the data admins for each support group, but
I cannot figure out how to do it, or if it is even possible (without a major
overhaul of the OOTB functionality).

Anybody have any opinions or thoughts on this?

--
Mike Hennessy
Mobile: +1-732-551-5591