From: Matt Worsdell <m...@worsy.co.uk>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:24
Subject: Re: CMDB Reconciliation - Easy Steps for Beginners?

Mike

You will basically need one Identification and one Merge activity at the
very basic level.

Start by creating an Idenitification Group. This will hold the
Identification rules in order of how you wish the CIs to be matched.
For example 'Name' = $Name$ would give you a match on CI Name.

Next step is to create the Identification activity, so first ensure you
have a Job to add it to. Add the Dataset BMC.CORE and specify the
Identification Group you created before in the Group Name. If you wish to
give CIs which did not match a Recon ID then set Mark Auto Identify to
Yes.

Add the BMC.Asset daaset, there is no need to Auto Identify as CIs in this
dataset will be auto identified. Finally specify BMC.Asset as the Master
dataset.

You may optionally create a qualification group, leaving this blank will
mean all CIs in the source dataset are identified.

Once you've got that working come back for the merge lesson :)

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Just wondering if there are some nice easy instructions to reconcile some
> CMDB data.? I have data in BMC.CORE in a dataset and need to reconcile
> this into BMC.ASSET for Class ComputerSystems (say).? Currently there is
> no data in Asset Management for this class.
>
> The ReconciliationId is 0 as you would expect before reconcilliation has
> begun.? The documentation is okay when you know the basic steps, but
> doesn't seem too helpful if its a first time, or maybe I am just confused
> by all this?
>
> Some nice easy steps would be so useful.? I know how to navigate the
> Reconciliation tab, but how to set this up and in what sequence?
>
> I would really appreciate some basic help if at all possible.
>
> Thank you kindly
> Mike

list.org

AOL Email goes Mobile! You can now read your AOL Emails whilst on the move.
Sign up for a free AOL Email account with unlimited storage today.