Hi Rod,

That is indeed the approach I'm taking.  All the dirty work happens in filters
that get triggered based on setting a display only field on Form B.  The catch
is that I need to mark existing records in Form A as being ready to process,
and then mark any that didn't get processed as not having been processed,
because they didn't match an existing configuration.  It _looks_ like filter
phasing may be causing an issue where not all of the records in step 2 get
processed before step 3 gets executed, causing some records to get erroneously
marked has not matching a configuration.

I know that it would be ideal to simply touch and process each record in Form A
without having to do the multistep process.  However, I'm trying to efficiently
process records based on a dynamic qualification specified in form B.  That is,
Form B contains configuration data that includes a Remedy qualification that I
can test to see if a record in Form A pertains to that configuration.  It seems
to me that if I want to process everything from the perspective of the record
in Form A, I would need to test it against each configuration record in Form B
to see which one it matches, and then process it accordingly.  If it doesn't
match one, then I could simply change the status to indicate that and move on.
However, that feels very inefficient, because on average, I would have to query
Form B ½*n times for every record in Form A, where "n" is the number of entries
in Form B.

To work around that, I am processing the records from the perspective of Form
B.  I simply added a table to the form that include the qualification stored in
the form (using EXTNERAL($field$)).  Now, in one query, I can see all the
records in Form A that that correspond to that Record in Form B.  Then I simply
need to iterate over the table and process all the records.  I do this for all
records in Form B, and that effectively processes all matching records in Form
A.  Any records left unprocessed in Form A didn't match a configuration and can
be tagged as such.

Does that make sense?  It's a bit round about, but, overall, processing things
this way made the workflow a bit easier to write and I think should execute
more efficiently.  The only catch is that I need to ensure that all the records
that can get processed do before I try to tag the ones that didn't.  I have
seen a case where several records that did match a configuration got tagged as
not matching, and I believe that was due to filter phasing.  If adding the `!
to an escalation has the same effect that is has to a filter, then I think I
should be OK.

Thanks,
Lyle