Hello,

I had a question about group assignment in ITSM 7.0.3 (patch 9).  One of my
co-workers noticed that you can create a routing order (say for operation
categorization) where you specify a Tier 2, and then null out Tier 1.  So
for example:
Tier 1 = Null  (normal values would be like add, change, or remove)
Tier 2 = Network
Tier 3 = Firewall Rule

They've tested this and say its getting them the results they want (their
goal is to save time by not having to configure extra assignment rules).

I've always generalized the way group assignment works as going from the
most specific rule, to the least specific, and I guess I've always assumed
you had to start at Tier 1 and narrow things down from there.  Since what
they are doing challenges my notion of the way it works (and I'm pressed
for time, otherwise I'd go digging through the code), I wanted get some
more experienced thoughts on it.

Will doing the above break anything?  Have any unintended consequences?

Thanks in advance,
Thad Esser
Remedy Developer
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours."-- Richard
Bach

*IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains
information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for
the entity or individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.
Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally
binding signature.
*