Why not just deal with those by designating them as requests instead of either
Incidents or Change Requests?

Rick
------Original Message------
From: Lammey, Peter A.
Sender: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
ReplyTo: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ITSM 7 Product Names for Help Desk redirected or misdirected calls
Sent: May 12, 2009 8:54 AM

** Our Help desk is looking into running reports on all the incident tickets
submitted by our IT staff and getting a breakdown of the number of tickets
submitted with specific Product Names entered into the tickets. Many tickets
are generated from templates by our call centers so we can provide a means for
the Help desk to track most of the tickets with a proper Product Name.   During
a discussion on this, we are trying to come up with a Product Name and CTI for
the times where people would call the Help Desk when the call should have been
directed to a different staff since the call was basically misdirected. There
are also times that a person calls to get conference in with another co-worker.
We are not sure how those tickets could be categorized as far as a product is
concerned.   What have any others out there that use Incident 7 done for
setting the Product Name for tickets such as these when creating tickets or
even change requests?     Thanks Peter Lammey ESPN IT Client Architecture and
Automation 860-766-4761     _Platinum Sponsor: rmisoluti...@verizon.net
ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"_