From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Brandi Barbour
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 4:17 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Walking through table - server side, maybe?

All,
Happy Thursday.
I am hoping that there is an easy solution for a problem I am having.
We are on ARS 7.1, SQL 2005, Window 2003.
I have a view form created to look at an external table.  There is an
escalation that runs that pushes the "main" record from the view form to
a mid form.  In this mid form I have a table that does a look back at
the view form to see what other "Child" tickets exist in that external
form.
For example in the external table
The columns look something like this:
Account Number, Order Number, Label for temp field, and value for temp
field, along with about 20 other fields.

There will then be anywhere between 1 - 12 rows for each Account
Number/Order Number combination with the only fields changed being the
"Label for temp field" and "Value for temp field"
So we need all the rows for the combination of Account Number and Order
Number to be combined into 1 record within the mid form.
We have created a table walk scenario with Active Links to be able to
populate each row into its own Temp fields 1-12.  However, this is not
going to work because we need this action to occur through a filter on
the server side instead of client side.

Any ideas how to do this?  I hope I am making this way more difficult
then needed.
Thanks for your help.
Brandi

copies of the original message.