I might add that there was no field listed in the "Sort" page of the "Window
Open" command, so there was no way of seeing what was wrong simply by
inspecting the Active Link.

Dwayne

--- Begin Message ---
First I did an export on "Form A", using the "Add All Related" option, and did
a search on it for "200000020", but found nothing.

Then I exported the definition of the Active Link that was supposed to open
"Form A" and found that it was trying to sort on "200000020".  I had done a
"Save Active Link As" from a link that opened the "AST:ComputerSystem" form,
then changed the form in the "Open Window" option, but not the sort field.

How dumb can you get?!?!?

Dwayne

--- Begin Message ---
Dear List,

I have a form (Form A) with 20,000 records.  I can open the form in the client
User tool, and run an unqualified query and retrieve all records.  On Form B
and C I have buttons that call Active Links, which are supposed to open
particular records in Form A.  But instead I get the above error- usually.

On Form B there is a character field, and a button that calls a link that opens
the single record in Form A that matches the character field.  That button/link
works.

If  I click a button that should display 35 records I get the error.  But I can
display each of the 35 records one at a time by pasting the value in the
character field and clicking button that opens the matching record.

I checked the BMC Knowledge Base and found an entry about an “embedded query.”
200000020 is the “Name” fieldid in the Asset Management module, which we have.
So somewhere in our set-up there must be a reference to this “Name” field.
But I’ve checked the Database data for every field on the form, as well as the
form itself.

There is no error or reference to 200000020 in the Active Link, Filter, or SQL
logs. There are no tables with references to 200000020 .

Any suggestions?

Dwayne Martin
James Madison University

(ARS 7.1 p 3, RH Linux Server, Oracle 10.2 db)

--- End Message ---

--- End Message ---